SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems. Volume 3, Issue 4, Pages 672-689, DOI: https://doi.org/10.21307/ijssis-2017-415
License : (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
Published Online: 13-December-2017
This paper introduces the application of Venturi flow meter for wet gas flow measurement. Wet gas which is a gas containing small amount of liquid is mostly encountered in gas wells where the extracted gas has water and condensate inside. Venturi flow meters which originally were introduced for single phase flow measurement are adapted for wet gas measurement. In this paper, we elaborate using of Venturi meter as a device for measuring wet gas flow and explain versatile methods for correcting the reading of Venturi tube for wet gas application. Tracer injection method is introduced as a manual tool for measuring water and condensate flow rate in wet gas fluid. Also radioactive measuring method has been introduced as an automatic method for measuring the ratio between gas, water and condensate in wet gas fluid. Finally different aspects of using radioactive sources are elaborated.
1. Guidance Notes for Petroleum Measurement. 7 ed. 2003: Department of Trade and Industry.
2. Zhi-yao, Z.-j.Y.W.-t.H., Investigation of oil-air two-phase mass flow rate measurement using Venturi and void fraction sensor. Journal of Zhejiang University Science, 2005. 6A(6): p. 601-606.
3. Tao, F.L.Z., Performance of a Horizontally Mounted Venturi in Low pressure Wet Gas Flow. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering 2008. 16(2): p. 320-324.
4. Jorge Luiz Goes Oliveira, J.C.P., Ruud Verschaeren, Cees van der Geld, Mass flow rate measurements in gas–liquid flows by means of a venturi or orifice plate coupled to a void fraction sensor. Journal of Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 2009. 33: p. 253-260.
5. Fang Lide, Z.T., Xu Ying, Venturi Wet Gas Flow Modeling Based on Homogeneous and Separated Flow Theory. Journal of Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2008.
6. F Dong, F.S.Z., W Li, C Tan, Comparison of differential pressure model based on flow regime for gas/liquid two-phase flow. Journal of Physics, 2009(147): p. 1-9.
7. Fang, Z., Jin, A comparison of correlations used for Venturi wet gas metering in oil and gas industry. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2006. 57: p. 247–256.
8. Steven, R.N., Wet gas metering with a horizontally mounted Venturi meter. Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 2002. 12: p. 361–372.
9. Handbook of Multiphase low Metering. 2005, Christian Michelsen Research AS.: Norwegian Society of Oil and Gas Measurement.
10. Stobie, Ø.F.G., Successful Implementation and Use of Multiphase Meters. 27th International North Sea Flow Measurement Workshop, 2009.
11. Kumara, H., Melaaen, Single-beam gamma densitometry measurements of oil-water flow in horizontal and slightly inclined pipes. Journal of Multiphase Flow, 2010. 36: p. 467-480.