SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 13, Issue 3, Pages 144-149, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2018.13.3.13
License : (BY-NC-ND 4.0)
Received Date : 06-February-2017 / Accepted: 13-September-2018 / Published Online: 03-October-2018
The railway transport of goods was in past the most used type of transport. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the performance of this mode of transport was reduced. At present, international trade is expanding in the direction of Asia–Europe. For economic and, above all, ecological reasons, it is appropriate to move the transport operations back to rail transport. The article focuses on progressive systems of railway transport of freight in the East–West direction, namely the use of the CargoBeamer system. CargoBeamer system (hereinafter referred to as CB) is an innovative technology for the transport of road semi-trailers and containers CBoXX specially designed for the CB system. The main advantage of this system is to support the transport standard road semitrailers, which will be implemented in 70% of shipments in road transport in the EU. The CB system is largely automated, especially for horizontal loading and unloading or when changing the gauge. The CB system allows to lower the shipment time significantly, thanks to automatisation of loading and unloading processes and gauge change. The benefits of the CB system are presented by an example of the necessary manipulation operations by a China– Russia– Europe goods shipment. The possibilities of the Slovak Republic participation on the planned railway Silk road project from China to Europe is also discussed.
1. Bartnik, G. & Krzysiak, Z. & Samociuk, W. & Lysiak, G. & Plizga, K. & Szmigielski, M. & Nieoczym, A. & Kaliniewicz, Z. & Brumercik, F. Documentation of meeting the requirements in the area of technical safety on the example of distribution of liquid fuels. In: Przemysł Chemiczny. 2017. Vol. 96. No. 5. P. 1039-1041.
2. Caban, J. & Drozdziel, P. & Vrabel, J. & Sarkan, B. & Marczuk, A. & Krzywonos, L. & Rybicka, I. The research on ageing of glycol-base brake fluids of vehicles in operation. In: Advances in science and technology – research journal. 2016. Vol. 10. No. 32. P. 9-16.
3. CARGOBEAMER COMPACTX. 2017. Available at: http://www.cargobeamer.eu/COMPACT-X850331.html
4. Drozdziel, P. & Krzywonos, L. The estimation of the reliability of the first daily diesel engine start-up during its operation in the vehicle. In: Eksploatacja i niezawodnosc - maintenance and reliability. 2009. No. 1. P. 4-10.
5. Drozdziel, P. & Winska, M. & Madlenak, R. & Szumski, P. Optimization of the post logistics network and location of the local distribution centre in selected area of the Lublin province. In: Procedia Engineering. 2017. Vol. 192. P. 130-135.
6. Lizbetin, J. & Kampf. R. & Jerabek, K. & Caha, Z. Practical Application of the Comparative Analysis of Direct Road Freight Transport and Combined Transport. In: Transport Means - Proceedings of the International Conference. Kaunas: Kaunas University of Technology Press. 2016. P. 1083-1087
7. Lukac, M. & Brumercik, F. & Krzywonos, L. & Krzysiak, Z. Transmission system power flow model. In. Communication: Scientific letters of the University of Zilina. 2017. Vol. 19. No. 2. P. 27-31.
8. Nesterova, N.S. & Concharuk, S.M. & Anisimov, V.A. & Anisimov, A.V. Strategy development management of multimodal transport network. In: 5th International scientific conference integration, partnership and innovation in construction science and education. Moscow, Russia. 2016.
9. Only beaming cargo is better – From China to Europe in 8 days via rail? 2017. Available at: https://combined-transport.eu/cargo-beamer
10. Zitricky, V. & Cerna, L. & Abramovic, B. The proposal for the allocation of capacity for international railway transport. In: 12th international scientific conference of young scientists on sustainable, modern and safe transport. High Tatras. Slovakia. 2017.