SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 13, Issue 4, Pages 13-21, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2018.13.4.2
License : (BY-NC-ND 4.0)
Received Date : 10-February-2017 / Accepted: 26-November-2018 / Published Online: 14-February-2019
The energy efficiency increase problem for railway rolling stock pneumatic systems compressed air preparation is directly connected with its purification and drying technology choice. In the presented materials in the article, the authors find a solution to the problem based on realization analysis of different factors that affect compressed air quality, purification and drying technology choice, as well as based on energy efficiency analysis. To realize the energy-saving events at railway rolling stock compressed air preparation, the authors suggest performing factor analysis influencing on compressed air purification method choice to consider pneumatic system as a module scheme and to employ the modernized construction of the locomotive main tanks.
1. Ferrero, D. & Gamba, M. & Lanzini, A. & Santarelli, M. et al. Energy Procedia Power-to-Gas Hydrogen: techno-economic assessment of processes towards a multi-purpose energy carrier. In: Proceedings of 71st Conference of the Italian Thermal Machines Engineering Association. Turin: ATI2016. 14-16 September 2016. P. 50-57.
2. White Jr., D. Compressed Air and Gas Purification and Fractionation for High Purity Applications by Improved PSA Processes. Separation Science and Technology. 2008. Vol. 43. No. 9-100. P. 2298-2306.
3. Iwainsky, H. & Beeck, U. & Ivan, J. Redundant Compressed Air Supply for Trams and Railcars. Fahrzeuge rolling-stock. 2016. Vol. 140. P. 75-79
4. Ruppelt, E. & Bahr, M. Efficient compressed air drying. 2015. Kaiser kompressoren. Technical Press article. Available at: http://en.kaeser.co.th/m/Advisor/Technical_articles/articles/hybitec.asp
5. Cost Saving Air Dryer Technology. Available at: https://www.bryair.com/news-andevents/articles/cost-saving-air-dryer-technology.
6. Drying Compressed Air 2011. Lancaster: Parker Hannifin Corporation. 2011. Bulletin M261K. Available at: http://www.parker.com/Literature/Gas%20Separation%20and%20Filtration%20Division/PDF%20 Files/DryingCompressedAirGuide.pdf.
7. Curtin, K. Clean Air is Crucial for Optimal Pneumatics. Design World Staff. 2011. Vol. 1. P. 3541.
8. Chris, E. Improving Compressed Air Quality. Available at: http://www.izsystems.com/articles/detail/improving-compressed-air-quality-by-eliminating-mo
9. Cleveland compressed air services. Aug 24, 2016. The benefits of different types of compressed air dryers. Available at: https://clevelandcompressors.com.au/the-benefits-of-different-types-ofcompressed-air-dryers/.
10. Goodarzia, G. & Dehghani, S. & Akbarzadeh, A. & Date, A. Energy saving opportunities in air drying process in high-pressure compressors. In: Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Energy and Power, ICEP2016. Melbourne: RMIT University. 14-16 December 2016. P. 428-433.
11. Kairouz, K. & Jazdzyk, D. & Al Musawi, S. Energy efficiency with compressed air. Processing. 2016. Vol. 4. P. 111-115.
12. Energy savings through proper use of pneumatics – Fluid Power Journal. Available at: https://www.festo.com/rep/en-us_us/assets/pdf/US_Articles_FluidPowerJournal_March2014.pdf.
13. Yan, F., Rinoshika, A. An experimental study on a horizontal energy-saving pneumatic conveying system. In: Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Particle Technology (WCPT7). Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, School of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering. 2016. P. 75-86.
14. Патент № 2514871. Риполь-Сарагоси, Т.Л. & Риполь-Сарагоси, Л.Ф. Резервуар для осаждения и удаления влаги из сжатых газов. [In Russian: Patent No. 2514871. RipolSaragosi, T.L. & Ripol-Saragosi, L.F. Tank for condensation and removal from compressed gases].
15. ГОСТ Р 53977-2010 Сжатый воздух пневматических систем железнодорожного подвижного состава. Требования к качеству, 7 с. [In Russian: Compressed air of railway rolling stock pneumatic systems. Requirements for quality, 7 p.].