SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 14, Issue 4, Pages 21-30, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20858/tp.2019.14.4.2
License : (CC BY 4.0)
Received Date : 18-June-2018 / Accepted: 03-October-2019 / Published Online: 08-December-2019
Today, one of the main important tasks is to analyze the states of achievement related to the required levels for marine passenger terminals and their route networks, depending on the influence of the external environment (based on the discretization of processes). This proposal is relevant both to increase the passenger traffic and to change the route network of ferry lines. There is an uneven congestion of individual directions of ferry lines and passenger terminals, which determines the need to select a finite number of states for the efficient operation of the «passenger terminal-ferry line» system. For the research of changes and assessments, it is proposed to use the process discretization methodology and the formation of a new circos plot intensity diagram. This study focuses on the passenger terminals in the Adriatic Sea and the existing route network in this region. As a result of the analysis, a set of points in time are selected that are characterized by various intensities and passenger traffic. For the selected set of values, a set of new intensity circos plot diagrams are constructed. On their basis, it is possible to analyze the mutual influence of the passenger terminals on each other to analyze the ferry transportation market and the number of shipping companies on it.
New scientific approach can improve the quality of research and decision-making process for research of the «passenger terminal-ferry line» system. The practical results we can see in the form of circos plot diagrams for sea passenger transportation in the Adriatic Sea region and the proposed research methodology for research and operation analysis of the «ferry line - marine passenger terminal» system based on process discretization.
1. Barron, P. & Greenwood, A.B. Issues determining the development of cruise itineraries: a focus on the luxury market. Tourism in Marine Environments. 2006. Vol. 3(2). P. 89-100.
2. Бродецкий, Г.Л. Системный анализ в логистике. Принятие решений в условиях неопределенности. Москва: Аcademia. 2010. 336 p. [In Russian: Brodeckij, G. System analysis in logistics. Decision making under uncertainty. Moscow: Аcademia].
3. Song, D.-W. & Panayides, P.M. Maritime Logistics: A Complete Guide to Effective Shipping and Port Management. Kogan Page. 2012. 336 p.
4. Service Marine traffic. Available at: https://marinetraffic.com.
5. Shaping new policies in specific types of territories in Europe: islands, mountains, sparsely populated and coastal regions. Available at: https://www.espon.eu/topicspolicy/publications/policy-briefs.
6. Passengers transported to/from main ports - Croatia - quarterly data. Available at: http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=mar_pa_qm_hr&lang=en.
7. Сольницев, Р.И. Модели и методы принятия проектных решений. Санкт-Петербург: ЛЭТИ. 2010. 68 p. [In Russian: Solnitsev, R.I. The models and methods of design solutions. SaintPetersburg: LETI].
8. Иванов, Б.А. Элементы теории дискретных систем автоматического управления. Ухта: УГТУ. 2007. 112 p. [In Russian: Ivanov, B. & Nedviga, А. Elements of the theory of discrete automatic control systems. Ukhta: USTU].
9. Мирошник, И.В. Теория автоматического управления. Линейные системы. СанктПетербург: Питер. 2005. 336 p. [In Russian: Miroshnik, I.V The theory of automatic control. Linear systems. Saint-Petersburg: Piter].
10. Service Directferies. Available at https://www.directferries (accessed 10 April 2019).
11. Krile, S. Efficient Heuristic for Non-linear Transportation Problem on the Route with Multiple Ports. Polish Maritime Research. Gdansk. Poland. 2013. Vol. 20. No. 4. P. 80-86. DOI: 10.2478/pomr-2013-0044. https://doi.org/10.2478/pomr-2013-0044.
12. Wang, J.M. The study and analysis of model algorithm for dynamic origin destination matrix estimation and prediction. Ningxia Engineering Technology. 2002. Vol. 1. No. 4. P. 362–365.
13. Circos. Available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/jcircos/.
14. Kröger, M. Shortest multiple disconnected path for the analysis of entanglements in two-and three-dimensional polymeric systems. Computer physics communications. 2005. Vol. 168. Is. 3. P. 209-232. DOI: 10.1016/j.cpc.2005.01.020.
15. Böse, J.W. Handbook of Terminal Planning. Springer Science Business Media. LLC. 2011. 456 p.