SEARCH WITHIN CONTENT
Citation Information : Transport Problems. Volume 15, Issue 4, Part 2, Pages 167-178, DOI: https://doi.org/10.21307/tp-2020-057
License : (CC BY 4.0)
Received Date : 05-July-2019 / Accepted: 02-December-2020 / Published Online: 31-December-2020
This article assesses the effect of factors, such as the number of sidings, the number of station holds, and the occurrence of transit traffic on the volume of freight transport on railway lines in Poland. The volume of freight transport on a railway line was expressed by the operational work done by freight trains running on this line and the transported freight mass by them. Most often the effect of factors affecting on the volume of transport is assessed by a team of experts. In this analysis, calculations of partial correlation coefficients were performed. The calculations showed that there is a clear relationship between the volume of freight transport and the number of sidings on the line and the occurrence of transit traffic. Based on the obtained partial correlation coefficients, weights corresponding to the effects of individual factors on the volume of freight transport were calculated. The use of these weights for further analysis will avoid the subjective expert assessments that have been used in this type of analysis so far.
1. Kaczorek, M. & Klikowski, M. & Konarski, A. & Lenart, S. & Mikulski, B. & Mokrzański, M. & Pyzik, M. Kolejowy Model Towarowy – Model Ruchu na potrzeby PKP Polskich Linii Kolejowych SA. Transport Miejski i Regionalny. 2018. No. 6. P. 20-26. [In Polish: Railway Freight Model - Traffic Model for the needs of PNR Polish Railway Lines. Urban and Regional Transport].
2. Yaghini, M. & Akhavan, R. Multicommodity Network Desing Problem in Rail Freight Transportation Planning. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2012. Vol. 43. P. 728-739.
3. Seifi, M.S. & Dellaert, N.P. & Nuijten, W. & Van Woensel, T. & Raoufi, R. Multimodal freight transportation planning: A literature review. European Journal of Operational Research. 2014. Vol. 233. P. 1-15.
4. Kamiński, W. & Sładkowski, A. Determination the influence of socio-economic factors on the volume of railway passenger transport in different regions of Poland. In: XI International Conference “Transport Problems”. Katowice-Bochnia. 26-28 June 2019. P. 308-319.
5. Kamiński, W. Determination the impact of socio-economic factors on the volume of passenger transport on selected railway lines in Poland. In: Stajniak, M. & Szuster, M. & Kopeć, M. & Toboła, A. (eds.). Challenges and modern solution in transportation. Radom: IN-W Spatium. 2019. P. 189-200.
6. Kendra, M. & Babin, M. & Barta, D. Changes of the Infrastructure and Operation Parameters of a Railway Line and Their Impact to the Track Capacity and the Volume of Transported Goods. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2012. Vol. 48. P. 743-752.
7. Eizaguirre-Iribar, A. & Iginiz, L.E. & Hernandez-Minguillon, R.J. An approach to a methodology for the analysis and characterization of disused railway lines as a complex system. WIT Transactions on the Built Environment. 2015. Vol. 153. P. 811-823.
8. Antonowicz, M. Ocena roli infrastruktury transportu kolejowego w rozwoju przewozów towarowych. Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego, Problemy Transportu i Logistyki. 2014. No. 842. P. 7-21. [In Polish: Assessment of the role of rail transport infrastructure in the development of transport commodity. Scientific Journal of the University of Szczecin, Problems of Transport and Logistics].
9. Mlinaric, T.J. & Ponikvar K. Energy efficiency of railway lines. Promet – Traffic & Transportation. 2011. Vol. 23. No. 3. P. 187-193.
10.Marinov, M. & Viegas, J. A mesoscopic simulation modelling methodology for analyzing and evaluating freight train operations in a rail network. Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory. 2011. Vol. 19. P. 516-539.
11.Rakhmangulov, A. & Sladkowski, A. & Osintsev, N. & Mishkurov, P. & Muravev, D. Dynamic optimization of railcar traffic volumes at railway nodes. In: Sładkowski, A. (ed.) Rail transport— systems approach. Studies in systems, decision and control 87. Cham: Springer. 2017. P. 405-456.
12.Jaworska, K. & Nowaski, G. Ocena stanu bezpieczeństwa transportu kolejowego w Polsce. Autobusy. 2019. Nos. 7-8. P. 72-79. [In Polish: Assessment of the state of rail transport safety in Poland. Coaches].
13.Cerna, L. & Zitricky, V. & Matejko, P. Price calculation in the international railway transport of goods. Logi – Scientific Journal on Transport and Logistic. 2013. Vol. 4. No. 2. P. 11-27.
14.Jaworska, K. & Nowacki, G. Analiza przewozu towarów transportem kolejowym w Polsce. Autobusy. 2017. No. 9. P. 74-78. [In Polish: Analysis of the transport of goods by rail in Poland. Coaches].
15.Behiri, W. & Belmokhtar-Berraf, S. & Chu, C. Urban freight transport using passenger rail network: Scientific issues and quantitative analysis. Transportation Research Part E: Logistic and Transport Review. 2018. Vol. 115. P. 227-245.
16.Romanow, P. & Frąś, J. & Koliński, A. Container transport in Poland in logistic supply chain. Research in Logistics & Production. 2015. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 43-51.
17.Shevlyakov, G.L. & Oja, H. Robust Correlation. Theory and Applications. Chichester: Wiley. 2016. 319 p.
18.Asuero, A.G. & Sayago, A. & Gonzalez, A.G. The Correlation Coefficient: An Overview. Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry. 2006. Vol. 36. No. 1. P. 41-59.
19.Kamiński, W. & Sładkowski, A. Analysis of the influence of socio-economic factors on the volume of railway passenger transport in Łódź region. In: Kabashkin, A. & Yatskiv, I. & Prentkovskis, O. (eds.) Reliability and Statistics in Transportation and Communication. RelStat 2019. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems. Cham: Springer. 2020. Vol. 117. P. 233-243.
20.Ogólnopolska Baza Kolejowa. Available at: www.bazakolejowa.pl. [In Polish: Nationwide Railway Base].